Friday, February 15, 2008

What a sweet day!

Who cares about a Valentine when you have such thoughtful brothers and a College and Career group with crazy ideas!
Yesterday was Valentine's Day, a day when "love" and cupid join forces and change the thought process of individuals for 24 hours! Everyone is on cloud nine! But for those that the arrow missed are at times left out of the heavenly aroma of flowers and chocolates, BUT WHO CARES! =) The day was beautiful and sun was shining with a slight breeze! A smile was on my face knowing I was thought of and loved by the most incredible individual of all, Jesus! The day was long, but eventful. Potlucks at work, a bag of candy, and 8 hours later I was on my way home. After a quick brownie at a friends, I headed off to C&C's Singles Awareness Day-Unvalentine's Party. I went on my FIRST Blind Date! What an experience! lol I was hooked up with my cousin so it wasn't half bad, except for the fact that he, along with the rest of the guys seemed to disappeared within 5 min....oh well! The poor guy was embarrassed!
The evening was fun, we dined on Mac-n-cheese, heart shaped Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches, some Asian chicken salad with Ramon noodles, blue jello, oreos, coffee, and blue cool aide with crazy straws! Truly a single college student cuisine! My bestest friend gave me a card and a Tulip! It is so pretty! We played some games and then James spoke to us about the seasons of Singleness and the value of this season! It was good!
I left around 10:30 and went to my parents where I was presented with flowers and cards, a headband and the cutest Eiffel Tower soap dispenser for my new bathroom!
My daddy had us all gather around and we prayed and then I went home, took a shower and went to dream land! Whoo-What a day! =)
Today I have some State Testing for an Office Assistant position! I'm scared out of my shoes, but I know I've got God's favor!
Sincerely yours,
a.rose2008

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you do have God's favor, love ya girl! I was at the party but only stayed for like 5 min, guess i'll have to give you your card on sunday.. =)

James Wilder said...

yeah..the guys didn't seem to get it did they!? haha!

MissionsAngel said...

You're telling me! lol

MissionsAngel said...

You're telling me! lol