Thursday, May 10, 2007

An New Revelation!

All my life I have been raised to believe that there is a God, one God and his name is Jesus. He loved me enough to die for me, he died to save me, and he saved me to live with him in heaven. A true Pentecostal child brought to believe this God could do anything and everything. I was instructed in the one god denomination; yet compassed about by Trinity, Jehovah witnesses, and Catholics. I believed in one God because that is what I had been taught, this belief was firmly grounded into my heart from a young age by my parents, pastors and elders. Taught by example and preached into existence. Everything about my walk with God pointed to his solo being; yet I had only the basic scriptures to back me up. I believed because that is all I knew to believe, and it was the most logical of all.
But something within me stirred the afternoon I read James chapter 2 and verse 19. “Thou believest that there is one God: thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.” Never in my 21 years of life have I ever read such an incredible scripture. I was content to stay with the one line I had used for years, Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God…” that summed up the whole Bible for me, yet this verse shook me. I believe in one God, and he tells me, "You are on the right path, but do you know that the devil himself believes in me. Yes, the one who tempts you with everyday sin, the one who whispers words of bitterness into your ear, the one who attempts to steal your joy every lonely evening. Yes, even the one who haunts you with your past and torments you with dark nights of fear." He and all his colleagues tremble with dread at the thought that there is one God! They have no choice but to believe against their false doctrines, and petty cults; their made up fantasies and devilish tricks. They were created by the one true living God, and no matter their attempt to exalt themselves; they will forever be subjects to the one and only, Jesus Christ! This somehow gives me a greater fight towards victory, not only in my own life; but hope in those lives I come in contact with each and every day.


This revelation has given me a new found strength that on my knees, no matter what I may go through, no matter how lonely, how hard, nor how tedious my steps may be, I have a relationship with someone that is to be reverenced by all, including my greatest enemies!
a.rose 2007

5 comments:

merbear said...

Wow, that was beautiful! I loved what you said.
All I can say is; you got it together little girl!!
Keep up the wonderful life your walking in, demonstating in, powering in....

Chris Lombardo said...

That's my girl!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Angel, that was a beautiful thought coming from a beautiful, deep thinking girl with a beautiful spirit.

MissionsAngel said...

Thank you all for your sincere words. I am what I have become due to incredble leaders such as yourselves, instructing me and leading my example a Holy and God fearing life! Thank you again for your kindness; I am deeply touched and honored by such statements.

MissionsAngel said...

Thank you all for your sincere words. I am what I have become due to incredble leaders such as yourselves, instructing me and leading my example a Holy and God fearing life! Thank you again for your kindness; I am deeply touched and honored by such statements.