Friday, June 08, 2007

LIFE-Comes at you fast!

Life has a way of sending you unfortunate events that rock your world! Wednesday evening a childhood friend of mine and a dear friend to our family was involved in a motorcycle accident. At this time he is stable, but his life will never be the same. The accident has deformed his lower leg and after 6 hours of surgery the doctors have decided they could do no more. Below is a story that was sent by his mother hours before the accident. The young man along with his father are not in church nor serving the Lord, but know the truth. I only heard this story second hand so I have added my own adjectives and twists, but I know you will understand the purpose and meaning. Please keep the Seward family in your prayers, and pray Michael comes to know how precious life is and how threatening it is without the promise of eternity. God has each of our lives in his hand!

I heard of a story of a not so wise, yet not so negative King who had a trusted servant whom spent every moment with the king. The king had a jolly phrase he quoted each day, "It's all for the good!" One warm afternoon the king took his trusted "side kick" hunting with him, in the confusion and excitement of the sight of game, the servant pulled the trigger of the gun and unfortunately blew the kings thumb off. Angered the king had the servant thrown into a bitter jail. Many years later the king was traveling in a foreign land and was captured by an ancient tribe. He was tied to a stake and prepared for an offering. One brave noticed that this so called king was missing his thumb, and superstitious as they were, released the king for all sacrifices were to be whole in every way. The king gratefully returned to his kingdom and was met with the familiar phrase, "It's all for the good!" The king quickly ran to the jail and had his long time ago friend released. Upon their glorious reunion the king told of his story and ended with "It's all for the good! But I am sorry I so hatefully threw you in prison" The man heartily accepted the apology and said "But my king, it was all for the good that I was thrown in prison for all this time. For if I had been with you, I would have taken your place as the sacrifice and would not been able to celebrate this precious life with you my friend, my king!"

0 comments: