Friday, June 22, 2007

A little late, but with Much Love!

Abba-Aramaic for "Father"
Father's Day is a day set aside to honor our fathers, grandfathers, and the men in our lives that have helped to shape us into the men and women we are today. Throughout the ages the word father has been used. The bible refers to God as our "abba" meaning father.
In Mark 14:36 it states, "Abba father all things are possible unto thee." Romans 8:15 proclaims, "Ye have received the spirit of adoption, where we cry Abba Father." Then again in Galations 4:6 we read, "And because you are sons, God hath sent forth the spirit of his son into your hearts crying Abba father." I am blessed with a heavenly father who claims me as his child, who hears my cry, who holds me tenderly, and above all knows my name.
I am so thankful for my Abba daddy, but also thankful God has blessed me with an earthly father, to not only honor one day out of the year, but everyday of the year! I believe that the most important feelings in life are never expressed; especially to those we love the most.
Daddy, no matter how many miles life parted us, you were always there for me. I love you dearly and am so thankful for your energy, your dedication, faithfulness, love and selflessness. You have taught me to love, laugh, fear God, love some more and just have fun doing it. Life had its ups and downs, set backs and set ups, we are still climbing and reaching, and learning but I am so glad I have you by my side. I remember those songs you used to sing to me, "You are my sunshine, my only Sunshine" and "Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name." You taught me to love and serve God will all my heart and that is one of the most import lessons anyone could ever teach me. The question has been asked, "When does a woman stop needing her daddy?" My answer, "I'll let you know when I find out!" You are my #1 man and I appreciate all you do and all you are. I wouldn't trade you for the world, even if you are a grumpy old man sometimes.


Love always,
Your Sunshine aka Ambergelbercups



1 comments:

Chris Lombardo said...

Now you did it... you made your "Old Man" cry. I love you Sunshine !