Friday, August 31, 2007

Father why?..For my Glory!

A tender, tearful mother approached the president and asked,
“Why did my son have to die in Iraq?”

Another tearful mother approached the president and asked,
“Why did my son have to die in Saudi Arabia?”


Again another tearful mother approached the president and asked,
“Why did my son have to die in Kuwait?”


And another, “Why did my son have to die in Vietnam?”


And another, “Why did my son have to die in Korea?”



Still another came, “Why did my son have to die in Iwo Jima?”



And yet another, “Why did my son have to die on a battlefield on a field in France?”





Then from the distance a long, long ago mother stepped forward tilted her head heaven bound and asked, “Heavenly Father, why did my son have to die on a wooded cross, ashamed and bloody outside of Jerusalem?”



The reply was directed to all, “ So that others may have Life and dwell in Peace, Happiness, and Freedom!”



Thank you Uncle Kevin, Uncle Jay, Joel, Francis and to all of the other incredible soldiers who are currently in Iraq or have recently returned; serving in honor of those who have fallen, for the freedom of the living and for the unborn future.
I love you dearly!

1 comments:

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Well said. Angel. I also apprecdiate the soldiers that give so I might live freely!!