Wednesday, September 05, 2007

LABOR DAY!!! Patience day! Roll eyes

What a weekend!! 22 years ago I was supposed to be born, but no those drs decided to make me wait, their reasoning, " She is too little, she'll have to wait"! Well, once again I have learned that valuable lesson of waiting. Patience is a virtue the Bible does say. I had some fabulous plans to go to the mall with Courtney, I cooked dinner, and waited, and waited and waited. At around 8 she finally showed up and the fun began, 2 hours late, but it began. The evening carried on, feeding turtles, rabbits, dogs, a cat, doves, and watering plants in the dark in 36% humidity, and 90 degrees! That was quite an experience! Around 10p we got the idea to drive to Auburn about 45 min away to meet up with my family who had hooked up our trailer and camped out in this fabulous campground with a fishing lake, a boating area, and even a built in pool! After a "quick" packing experience for overnight, which consisted of pjs and a swim shirt, and a Starbucks run we made it on the road at 12a! Did I mention that it was a quick pack, just making sure! We were up till 2, or at least I was, 10 people crammed in a travel trailer! It was great! We crawled out of bed around 10 ish and the fun began. That was a complete overstatement! The lake became a pond, the fish shriveled up to the size of a dollar tree sardine, the boating area disappeared, along with my favorite flip flop! =( sob sob....Or shall I say the prior campground never existed in its glory. Several bruises, at least 5 splinters and half a million scrapes later, I made it through the afternoon with a smile on my face, well kind of half a smile. Saturday evening a few of us celebrated Maria's 23rd Birthday with a bicycle progression dinner! Now that was fun, despite the heat. Sunday was church, AWESOME! I had only 20 students in class, my average is anywhere between 45-50, so the Lord gave me a break on my spending for snack, Thank you Jesus! Though out of about 1100 there was only a good 300, we still had church. Monday was lazy day! 103 degrees and in my pj's till 4pm! What a day! I was able to relax, sleep in and even sew a bit. My family once again decided to hit the water and try out for some more fish! I was not in the mood for fishing another day, and even the boat didn't sound like much fun! I did not need another pentecostal farmer burn. So my sister, my roommate Tammi, and I loaded up and headed to Thrift Town. Woo Hoo! It was waiting for us, 50% off all clothing! Let's just say I have my winters wardrobe for 2007!
All in all I learned alot this weekend! Your best times are often made out of your worst experiences turned positive! Let me clarify, sometimes we look at a situation and think, "You have got to be crazy, I am going to be so bored!" or "Why me?" but if you simple apply a positive twist the humid heat of September and trickling 5 foot wide stream begins to look and feel more and more like The Underground Railroad(thanks Derrell, I love you), adventure, excitement, and the best time of your life! Surrounded by some great deals! $$ Though I was bored silly, surrounded by at least a dozen or more people, I found that my attitude was making my day. I no longer became lost in the crowd, but became the crowd and found a fashion show, a laugh, a smile and fond memories that will last me at least a million Labor days to come! Waiting wasn't so bad, I got a few surprises out of it! ;) Crocs!! Thanks mum! I guess the whole phrase, "RUN with patience" actual makes sense!

0 comments: