Monday, February 04, 2008

Difference between Love and infatuation...

February has arrived-The Month of LOVE!! I couldn't help but remember this essay that I have been carrying around in my wallet for years. It was given to me by a friend a few years back, and every now and then I pull it out and reconsider my thoughts and feelings. I hope this helps all those who read this to recognize the meaning of True Love.
A beautiful Valentine's Essay


Infatuation is instant desire-one set of glands calling to another.
Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.

Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager, but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.
Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you-to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by their presence, even when they are away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful little films in you head that you keep replaying. But near or far, you know they are yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing them."
Love says, "Be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."

Infatuation has an element of physical excitement. Whenever you are together you hope it will end in a closer touch, or embrace.
Love is not based on sexual desires. It is the maturation of friendship which makes that physical touch so much sweeter. You must be friends before you are lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When they are away, you wonder if they are cheating. Sometimes you check.
Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. They feel your trust, and it makes them even more trustworthy.

Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but Love never steers you in the wrong direction.


Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person than you were before. Always reaching for a new level in HIM-together!


Sincerely yours,
a.rose 2008


*some portions of this essay have been changed

8 comments:

MERBEAR said...

Angel!! That is something each and every couple should read and honestly answer.
Really makes you review your own relationships.
Very great post!
Thank you!

j.elle said...

Angel,
Wow! What an awesome post! I'm touched and inspired. Thank you!

MissionsAngel said...

It puts me in line daily...over and over reminding me that Love is patient...in all relationships!

V said...

Heeeeeeeeey.. I remember you showed me this. You never gave me a copy like I so kindly asked, Sis. Angel.

MissionsAngel said...

I sooo do apologize...with my boring life you would think I could remember something so simple....=) I'll send you a copy...Promise! Or you can use that little function called "copy and paste" its quite useful! =0)

V said...

Yes I have copy and pasted it after wating for 4 months.Thank you Sis.Angelica Rose Lombardo.=0)

Ruth said...

This should be a must read for every engaged couple. Good job!

James Wilder said...

Excellent post!