Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The lifter of my head....

"When life is the pits-reach for someone who can lift you up and walk you through!"


I have been thinking about the song, sung by many, but by far not as well as Josh Groban, " You raise me up"...A song sung for the most part to a beloved one, has not been my song of love but it has been my cry to God for the last few months. Especially yesterday....each time the song comes on the radio tears begin to stream down my face.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.
When life has pulled me down, and drug me through the dirt His love lifts me up, places me above my issues, upon a mountain top-allowing me to see the purpose of this rough journey. He walks me through the rough waters, and places me on His loving shoulders away from the weariness and pain, giving me strength beyond compare.



Sincerely yours,

arose2008

4 comments:

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

Angel,
As you know, that is Ken's favorite song. John just sung it at the couples dinner in dedication to his dad. It is a beautiful song and we always think of it as a song sung to God, not some other human being.
Keep your head up, keep smiling and let Him raise you up!
Love you Angel

MissionsAngel said...

I know its his fav...it runs in my head over and over again...John can sing that song so good-and all the time ;), I'm sorry I missed it. =)
I believe the orig thought of the song was to be sung to an individual, but yes, it is known here as being sung to God as well.
I've got a smile on my face, don't you worry Momma Holmes! =0) I love you too!

MERBEAR said...

Hey Angel,
I too love that song so much! I feel both ways about the song for sure.
God first, but also to someone who has taught you to stand and withstand!!
Until I found God, my parents did not teach me to stand so well. Alcoholism was always prevailing every single day.
But God, my Pastor, yes even my children, other strong people in my life come to mind when I hear this.
I love you Angel!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angel, its Tess from calgary. Miss ya.

Luv,
Tess